View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
briere gets bullied around a bit, but richards and giroux play a physical enough of a game for their height not to make much of a difference.
I may be alone on this, but I feel like Briere plays a much bigger game than his height. He was outmuscling Chara in the corners during the Boston series. Granted, that could just be Chara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Lets say we move Carter + Carle for Voracek + #8 + medium prospect? Sign Gagne?

Gagne [2.5] - Richards [5.75] - Nodl [1.1]
Hartnell [4.2] - Briere [6.5] - Leino [2.2]
JVR [1.6] - Giroux [3.75] - Voracek [1.2]
Shelley [1.1] - Betts [0.7] - Powe/AHL Player/FA [0.6]

Pronger [5.0] - #8 pick? [~1.2]
Coburn [3.2] - Timonen [6.3]
O'Donnell/Vet Dman [1.3] - Meszaros [4.0]

Bryz [5.5]
Bob [1.75]

That right there is ~59.5 million
I think we could squeeze that deal. All I hear though is how weak this draft is after the first 5 picks or so, so depending on who falls to #8, I don't know if they could play the minutes with Pronger, or maybe even make the team.

Also, I don't think Gagne would sign in Philly after the way he was treated. And 2.5 for him doesn't seem fair either, he had a pretty decent playoffs and with his rich scoring history, I could see him commanding at least 3-3.5. Although, his injury history is telling. Maybe I'm off, I haven't really had a good flair for predicting worth.

As for that 4th line... yeesh. I cringe. Plug in Wellwood instead of Shelley. Maybe even Testwuide or Holmstrom and I'm better with it. I'd like to see these guys AT LEAST get a chance!