Thread: Ribeiro to LW ?
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2003, 08:18 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I'm not so sure about that. I think one major reason for last year's downfall was a lack of communication and direction from Therrien, combined with a lack of internal leadership from the players, combined with a lack of dimensional players to make things happen.

There was a lot of things wrong with last season, and I'm not sure that it would be fair to say everyone was pouting because they had limited ice time. Maybe it'd be better to say the players were pouting because they had limited ice time, were losing, and were playing ineffectively with ineffective linemates.

Another issue last year was playing Juneau's line against the opponent's top line, shift for shift. When there's three scoring lines and your checking line is out there for 20 minutes a night, that leaves even less ice time for your scoring lines. I would like to see Juneau shipped out, personally.

I would much prefer to see a fourth line centered by either Begin (who is superior defensively compared to Juneau, in my opinion -- and also adds more sandpaper) or Higgins (so long as the fourth line has legit NHLers such as Sundstrom on it, and gets a decent amount of ice time).

Finding a buyer for Juneau is the hard part. Maybe impossible, considering his salary. But this would be one of the first goals management should have for the season from my perspective.
Solid comments.