View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 11:01 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Pouliot IS big. Yeah he seems taller than wide, but I generally remember him finishing his check and accepting them just fine. In fact the only time he falls is when he's reaching for a puck or just going too fast to control himself.

People forget that he was scoring at a very good rate up until a point. Then lines changed. Then more injuries, more line changes. He got very little ice time but his scoring rate was amongst the highest on the team. If I were to chose between Gionta blazing down the wing vs Pouliot, I would go with Benny. I <3 Gio, but he just gets so many chances, hence goals (of course he works his ass off for those chances). I don't think Pouliot has really disappointed. If he was a top six with the right linemates or rather if we roller a line with him, eller, dd more often, they'd rack up points IF they weren't punished disproportionately to the other lines IF they got scored on.

I've said it all season, the guys has really rare slick hands and some pretty great moves stride-wise. He falls on his butt, but he also can create space when there is none. I really like him and AK, but I fear people don't have the patience to stay the course.

Also, can you really hate on a guy who pounded a bruin who (yes it's true), came after him? specially at this time of the year?

As for JM, the more these playoffs go on (finals actually), the more I appreciate JM's use of what we have. If you look at how we play, when our offensive players are in the lineup (Patches, Markov) we actually play more offensively. If Van played our system in the N zone, they would not be getting pounded. sorry, getting OT

I like Pouliot.