Old
06-09-2011, 12:09 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Rupp-Vitale-Veilleux?

Personally, I like Rupp-Vitale-Godard, provided there's still enough money for Kennedy and another RW.

Sacrificing Niskanen is another option. I'd rather have Rupp over Niskanen, personally.
If Godard is re-signed for league minimum, I have no problem with that. He's fine as a 13th forward. But if Godard is playing in our line-up on a regular basis, I will barf all over myself. Asham? Sure. Godard? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
On another note, I don't think Vitale, Johnson, or Veilleux should be on our team just yet.

I don't understand the hate for Niskanen, he really didn't play that bad, give him this full season with the Pens to see what he's made of, we are a good defensive system, I'm sure he will do just fine.
Never implied that KV is ready to play on this team. He is at least 1 full season (likely more) away from that being a reality. I have given up on the idea that KV will be the next, say, Blake Wheeler; but his willingness to fight on a regular basis and his overall size leads me to believe he could be the next (and maybe even better version) of Mike Rupp. The two of them could be tough to handle on a line together if KV ever makes it here...

With regards to Niskanen, I agree. I have been saying for some time: if a great trade or UFA deal comes along, then great: see you later, Matty. But right now Niskanen's salary is not an opportunity cost problem.

Shero will do what he can/wants with the forward group this summer, whether it is through RFA, UFA or trade. If the $1million more Niskanen makes over Strait or Bortuzzo becomes a salary cap problem, we can get rid of him then. But if we have the cap space, there is zero downside and nothing but upside to at least letting Niskanen come to training camp and seeing what he can do.