View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Again, things change. A player turns out to have a downturn in his career and doesn't play as well as he has in the past. He get's physical issues that affect his play. Etc. Again, it's not an exact science.
Leighton, Shelley and Walker did not have downturns in their careers. The performance they gave the Flyers is consistent with their performances throughout their careers. The reality is just that they aren't that good.

Quote:
Again, you get one or two right and think you know better. As I said before, make all the decisions that Holmgren has to make and see how you grade out.
Am I not speaking english? Again... not at all what I'm saying. These are just examples of organization, with all the scouts they have watching players, with all the game tape they have of those players and all the hockey minds they have making decisions can be wrong about players. And fans, operating on much more limited knowledge of those players, can be right. So why dismiss those fan's opinions now simply because again they are operating on more limited knowledge than the team?

Quote:
I didn't say he was the last option. Clearly I mentioned other options such as Niemi.
"looking at Boucher and maybe Backlund as their Goalies last off season if they didn't sign Leighton"

Quote:
I never said it wasn't possible for people to be right about Ericksson and the Flyers could be wrong. What I said is how can you criticize them for making a mistake there when you don't know that it is? This is like the 5th time I've stated this to you. How hard is it to grasp?
Because that is the inherent nature of an opinion. When you an expression an opinion you can not be sure it is right or wrong. That doesn't mean you shouldn't express it.

Quote:
There's a lot of players on this team that aren't worth their Cap hit.
One mistake does not justify another.

Quote:
You don't have any basis to say they're wrong. None at all.
Again... Why? At what point are Flyers fans allowed to express an opinion about this move?

Quote:
Covered SEL at one point? What does that mean, that he's no longer covering SEL? If so, is that info up to date.
Covered up until around midway through this season if I remember right. He was then moved to cover NCAA I believe.

Quote:
Again, I'll repeat for like the 6th time. I never said they were right. Only that based on what Holmgren said I understand why, with what they feel about the player. I've also repeatedly said that I don't know they're right. I also don't know that they're wrong. So for the umpteenth time, how can I criticize someone for a decision that's made, when I don't know it to be wrong?
Because you are a human being capable of independent thought and expressing your own beliefs on topics. You are on a forum where fans of a team express their opinions of the goings on of that team.

Last edited by Coppy: 06-08-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote