View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Inconsiquential news regarding Wolski as far as Im concerned. His speed isnt an issue.

Maybe Underhill can teach him how to skate into the dirty areas of the ice.
I don't know if it's even about his speed or his stride. The guy knows how Tortorella thinks about him. What this falls in line with is what I was curious about for this offseason to begin with: namely that I wanted to see how he prepares for camp. This is really the first step in that and it shows an marked acknowledgement that he needs to improve his game. This is about commitment more than it's about seeing a Boyle-like improvement in his skating next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Ding ding ding. He needs to work on his conditioning. He definitely wore down over the course of the season, which is totally normal for an NCAA player jumping right into the big league.
He doesn't need to work on his conditioning in the sense I think you mean. While being in absolutely ridiculous shape to start the year and continuing the good habits helps, you can't actively condition yourself in the offseason or the regular season for an 82-game schedule. The only way to condition your body to that is to do it. He did last year and I fully expect it to be less of an issue this year, whether he changes anything in his conditioning regimen or not.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote