Old
06-09-2011, 01:08 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawkGuugeli View Post
Hey Blackhawks forum! I've been a longtime lurker on HFBoards. I started reading this forum about two years ago, but never decided to make an account. Now I made it .

A little personal information about me: I'm 16 years old (one of the youngest here maybe?) and I'm from Finland (so sorry for my bad english skills). I started following Blackhawks a little when Tuomo Ruutu was drafted. He was/is one of my favorite players. But I never started being a true fan of the team. I really got into both the Blackhawks and the NHL in the season 2008-2009, because I finally could watch some games on TV with the new house in Helsinki. In 08-09 I was a big fan of Martin Havlat he was my favorite player in the Hawks. But my fav player in the whole league was Marian Hossa. I really enjoyed the 08-09 playoff run so I was hooked to Blackhawks for life.

I'm also a typical pessimistic Finnish guy and I dont like the overestimating of the WC championship in Finland. (Did you know that they made a post stamp of Mikael Granlund's lacrosse style goal?) I've also played hockey for about 8 years now so I think I now the game. I've only seen two NHL games live. First one was the Blackhawks-Panthers premier game here in Finland and this year we went to New York and watched a Rangers-Flyers game.

All the games start here at about 3 am so I cant watch all the Hawks games but I will try and watch most of them too this upcoming season. This season I watched about 40 regular season games and all the PO games.

I think thats about it.

ps. I may not post as much as some of you guys, but I will try to be active here.
Don't worry about your English, you speak it better than a few of the native speakers here.

Welcome.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote