Thread: Proposal: Matt Carle Trade
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 08:02 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I would generally expect some injuries... way it goes. The real question is what do you do if player X cannot play when it really matters? That's what then leads to the problematic answer: you can't really do that much about it unless you want to be weaker elsewhere.
I'm just pointing out that Pronger has more than one established health issues, and Holmgren should at least line up some options and, bare minimum, be super clear on the contract situation of the top 5 defense prospects in the very likely scenario that one has to get called up. Will Walker be healthy enough to even vie for a spot in preseason camp? He's too costly as a bottom-pairing Dman, but if Pronger needs to be out a month or more, he's in the wider equation. Alternatively, who could be signed for ≤$1 million who won't make us cringe every time he steps on the ice? Given their dismal PP effort, would the Flyers take a risk on MAB? There are a lot of FAs who could perform spot duty on Pronger's LTIR dime not that I advocate that as option 1 and in the long run, Pronger might benefit from proper rehab time to finish the year strongly.

Preseason is where bandaids can be put on a potentially significant injury problem, and then react as the situation becomes clearer within the season.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote