View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Is anyone worried that this move to the NHL for Lambert could hurt the development of the players on the Admirals? I know that the Preds have great player development.
When I look at the Preds and the way that the on-ice product is built, managed, and maintained, I tend to think that the most important positions within the organization in rank order are GM (Poile), Head Coach (Trotz), Assistant GM (Fenton) and AHL Coach (Lambert's replacement). Alot of people would not agree with that assessment, but because of the Pred's heavy reliance on player development and the "Road to Nashville" rule, I think it's probably the fourth most important hockey ops position for the Preds when you look at the entirety of their organization. It's just not development of talent of course, it's also ensuring that players are completely Predworthy in their understanding of the Predway before Trotz gets them in Nashville. For the new folks from ATL, learning the Predway and developing hockey skills at the AHL level are not necessarily the same thing as you will learn.

Although this move was about as obvious as it gets, I would have preferred leaving Lambert in Milwaukee and bringing in somebody else for a little fresh look at things. The problem is that Lambert was probably closer to getting offers from other teams in the NHL for assistant jobs than staying in the AHL for another year, so that probably forces the Preds hand some. Plus the Preds love continuity so Lambert replacing Peterson was the only possible Predslogical move they could move.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote