View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
The bigger issue with Niskanen is his right-handedness, and whether or not he can be a reliable left defenseman. I have serious doubts, as I do about either Engelland or Lovejoy on that side. Heck, I have doubts about Letang and Michalek over there, too.

That's the main issue. And since he's more expensive than Engelland, Lovejoy, Vitale, Letestu, etc...he's the logical salary to move this summer.
I agree but something you have to take into consideration is Simon Despres. Yeah Niskanen is a right handed defenseman playing the left side, but if Despres makes the team would you rather have Niskanen or Engelland on the right side? I like Engelland but I would choose Niskanen. I'm sure instead of moving him, Shero can restructure his contract. Guys, we're not talking about some "dime a dozen" veteran defenseman. He's a 24 year old PMD who is a former 1st round pick. his first 2 seasons in the NHL were great, give him the oppurtunity to get back to his game, he will play well, trust me. I'm not saying I know everything but trust me, seeing this guy play I know what he can do, give him a chance, next season is his contract year, if he's bad, Shero won't re-sign him, but I don't think he will be bad.