View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Is he really going to turn his nose up @ $35M+ because of "pressure"? No, and no sane human being would. I do not blame him for signing that contract; I blame the idiot upstairs for thinking it was smart to do so, when it was completely ill-advised, and trying to force a square peg into a round hole.
Agreed.

Quote:
Of course he is. Not his fault, though, that people are expecting him to perform above his own abilities.
One thing i never doubted about Drury was his work ethic. However, his last two seasons have been brutal. If he had played the way he did for his first two seasons here, I don't think people would have as big an issue with him. And honestly, I don't think he would even get bought out.

When you score 1 goal worth 7.5 million, you can't expect people to not rag on him. I realize injuries played a part in it, but still in all, the guy is useless and only blocking a young player from getting a shot now.

Quote:
Then I suppose Callahan would be a poor choice for captain as well?
Callahan leads on the ice and off. I don't know what interviews you watch with him, but i think he's generally emotional. I really liked the time he stuck up for his teammates and called out the fans. Something i could never see drury doing.

Quote:
And how would you know if he was "emotionless" or not? Are you in the locker room?
Part of being a captain is showing some sort of emotional personality whether on the ice or off. I don't think Drury ever showed sense of either.