Thread: Proposal: Matt Carle Trade
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 11:41 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Even if the Flyers don't resign Leino and move another Forward such as Versteeg, they still have plenty of offense. As much as any team. Every team has to rely on players such as Nodl, to chip in.

Carle's Cap hit is well worth the production he brings. Carle may or may not be the weakest defensive player, that's debatable. Even if he is, compared to the others he is still a solid player in his own end and his playmaking and puck moving ablility are keys to the team. I don't see those as being reasons for why he should go. For the reasons I have explained multiple times. Those reasons still exist.
I'm a Carle fan and I have no problem admitting that he's the weakest defensively amongst the group of defensemen in Philadelphia. That's not a slag, that's just the way it is. Has he gotten better since coming to Philadelphia? No question. With that being said, the Flyers already have an offensive defenseman who brings much more to the table than Carle does and his name is Andrej Meszaros.

The one thing that hurts Carle is his lack of a physical game. Meszaros not only has a physical game, but he can get down right nasty. On top of it, Meszaros has a great shot from the point. His shots get through when he decides to use it (and for some reason, I'll never understand why the coaching staff in Philadelphia doesn't let him use that shot even more).

In all fairness, and like I said I'm a Carle fan, I realize he's the odd man out from this group of defenders. I should also mention there's one other thing that hurts Carle and that's his skating ability. That's something where Coburn and Meszaros have him beat in spades.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote