View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Im not concerned of the guys who arent Hab prospects in making this team...

Im simply saying Tinordi does not have to make this team in order to be considered a fantastic prospect. We didnt get him for his offence... He's here to be a shut down d... IMO these short tourneys (I still consider the WJC's short due to their single game knockout playoff rounds) His game may not translate to success there. Not as a 19 year old growing in to his form. These tourneys usually require 2 way guys, as the tourney is so short, and you need to get the O from anywhere you can get it.

I do understand that USA has other options.... What I am saying is that WJC's matter very little to me when it comes to this beast.

I'll be honest, I'd be more worried if Gallagher doesnt make Canada (which I dont think could happen... I think Gallagher is a shoe in there) becasue as an offensive dynamo... These tourneys do matter to his skillset.

Tinordi's best years development wise even, will probably be past the age of 20. He's still rounding in to form, and these huge kids have a long way to go.

This being said... I would believe that Tinordi should compare favourably to Oleksiak... But I guess time will tell.

A whole lot of people will get very upset if they hear Tinordi didnt make it on the USA WJC squad. Im just saying to me... Considering his skill set, and what he was drafted for... I am not worried if he doesnt make the team.

BTW, great stat: The kid has just about 40 pounds on any other defenceman trying for a roster spot.
The defencemen trying out for Team USA is 14 deep and every one is above average player the same as Team Canada,Seth Jones draft is two years away and he's been playing for the under 18 team almost all year.Lots to choose from and Tinordi may not make it so that the younger dmen get some experience.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote