View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 02:01 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
How much confidence do you have in Stepan & Anisimov?

With the emergence of Stepan and the continued development and maturation of Anisimov -- both of whom can realistically pot 50+ points makes me wonder if this team needs to really blow their load over a centermen?

Looking at the Bruins line-up -- they don't really have that jaw dropping elite centermen. Their top guy down the middle is probably Krejci who potted a bit over 60 points. Instead, they have a balanced team with great depth which includes good ( not elite) centermen.

Stepan came in playing better than many of us expected. He continued his solid play in the world championships.

How much confidence do you have in a top 2 line consisting of Stepan and Anisimov down the middle? Instead of blowing our load on a center; would you rather trade for an elite winger in the mold of a Rick Nash, Hemsky, Parise (doubt he's traded to a rival), Iginla, Carter, or even a Sharp who can play wing and center...

If I were making the decision-- I would go after Patrick Sharp just to take some pressure off Stepan and Anismov-- and make one other move for another big time player outside of Gaborik. Not only do you probably make 2 additions/upgrades but you do it for the price of one Richards --give or take a mill or 2.

Guys like Del Zotto, McCillrath, Valentenko, Boyle, our 1st round pick from this year could be some names included in any package

This is of course if Richards situation gets out of hand. I'd give him tops 6.5 mill over 5-6 years ..maybe a hair more.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote