View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 02:46 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I love our D-Corp as well. I have a lot of faith in the future for them. That doesn't mean that they still don't have to go out there and prove it. They are young and have a lot of proving to do. So let's not bestow a title on them as fact until get there. Of the 5 D you mentioned only 2 have multie NHL seasons under their belt, one played a half a season and the other has yet to see NHL ice. The potential is there. But Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
That's a gimmick. You always wait for results and these scenarios vary from player to player.

I'll bring up the Korpikoski for Lisin trade. When I heard it I was devastated. Didn't like the deal one bit. However, you had some who loved Lisin's potential -- but he had no level of success at any level other then that 13 goal season in Phoenix. I wasn't fond of his resume.

Some players let their resume speak for themselves. This allows you to look past the potential a little bit and gives you a bit more confidence. Players like Stepan, McDonagh, Erixon, and even Sauer have this resume I speak of.

Yes, it's one thing to do it at other levels but it's another to do at the NHL level. However, it's not too difficult to pick out individuals who you think have a high likelihood of success at the NHL level. Most of whom are 1st round picks.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote