View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
I'm with you. Maybe it's b/c he's a Russian w/ good hands and he put up some numbers in the A, but I get the feeling that some are ready to part with AA if he doesn't become a bona fide scoring center.

The fact of the matter is 2 way forwards that kill penalties, put up some points (i see his production rising again, lets say to the low-mid 50's even as a safe bet) and play a smart overall game don't grow on trees. As he puts on some weight as he gets older he may become even more valuable as he'll be tougher to knock off the puck and he can drive to the net a bit more like he's shown some flashes of.
It's safe to say he could finish somewhere around 50 points, maybe he'll explode and put up bigger numbers in his 3rd season in the league. Low 50's is something that people would agree with as good progress for Anisimov.

I wouldn't give up Anisimov for Hemsky. If the #1 pick is on the table, or even the #7 pick from the new Winnipeg franchise, you have to see what can happen on draft day. If it's the #7 pick, and one of Strome, Huberdaeau, or Landeskog are there, you might want to potentially make the deal, since those guys are top end talent forwards in this draft. My guess is if those guys are there, Winnipeg will not want to trade the pick away at that point, for #15, Anisimov, and Girardi.

mrjimmyg89 is online now   Reply With Quote