Thread: Value of: Wolski + 15th Overall
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
You said "I think you and other posters vastly underrate rangers players such as Staal, Girardi and others." and since I feel Girardi is a low end #2 defender and haven't expressed any other view I assumed you consider him a #1.

Wolski's non-value can't be measured in how many points he gets or not. Patrick O'Sullivan usually is on pace for 40-50 points and no one wants to touch him. Guys without compete are team killers and line killers. Others don't want to play with them. There is a reason fans and teams sour on Wolski so fast. Wolski was even more productive on the Avs than he has been since leaving and no sane Avs fan want him back. You simply don't win stuff with players like that.

As for

Rangers Trade:
Wolski
15th Overall

Leafs Trade:
25th Overall
29th Overall

That's pretty much what I have been saying. Those two Leafs picks would normally get them to perhaps #18th-20th overall. So when you find that deal ok, you acknowledge that Wolski has negative value. Or you overrate how much 25th+29th overall would allow you trade up.
I get what you are saying but i think with him going and getting skating help and hanging out with Boyle and others i feel like he has found a place that he could actually be good in. He played well for us in the playoffs when he was given a chance on an actual line that can create offense and i think he was our leading scorer lol. With this comradeship that he seemed to have formed with some players, finally feeling at home, a full training camp under torts, put him on a line that will create offense (1st line with possibly richards n gaborik.. or put him with stepan and someone else-when he was on that line he had 12pts in 18g) id like to see what he can do next season with us. Its only for 1 more year and having him, avery, and ec coming off the books itl give us 7m to use during the free agency next year get a guy like Brent Burns or Patrick Sharp, then trade Girardi ++ for a top line player.

Well **** thats what ive been trying to say the entire time lol. No idea why the hell we are arguing on this anymore ha.

As to Girardi i think he is a rock on defense, will do anything to help your team win and is decent on offense too. Hes a decent #2dman or outstanding #3. Staal on the other hand i firmly believe he is a #1dman.

With those two picks i would take Puempel @25 and Grimaldi @29

Last edited by Chalfdiggity3: 06-09-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote