View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 05:37 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How many of those draws was Stoll kicked out of and Handzus took?
... I can't remember that happening too much. If Stoll got kicked out, usually Smyth took the draw - and in fact Smyth led all Kings' wingers in faceoffs (132).

How often do you figure a guy gets kicked out of the circle, anyway? This is a legit question; I'm not trying to be rhetorical here. About once every ten times he takes the draw? Stoll took 1310 total faceoffs - and Smyth took 132, about one-tenth of Stoll's number. So it would match up pretty well.

Quote:
Also, which side were the draws taken from? Murray used them depending on the side the faceoff was taken.
... A very good question that unfortunately I can't answer.

Quote:
This also shows that Murray used Handzus too much and wasted one of the best faceoff players in the NHL.
... It's a tough call. For the last couple years before this season, Handzus was the best defensive forward the Kings had, and actually it wasn't close. I don't blame Murray too much for sending him out there.

As this season went along, however - Handzus was slowing down. It was noticeable, and sad to see. I suppose Murray figured he'd bide his time until Michal came around. Unfortunately, he never really did.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote