Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Andrei Kostitsyn 1 year/3.25M
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Hank Scorpio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The expectations on players with this fan base is woefully unfair.

The guy is a good second line winger. Puts up something around 25/25 for 3.25, that's good value. The best thing about him is he brings some dynamic qualities to the forward corps. He has good speed, a powerful stride, under rated passing abilities and lays out the body the best out of our forwards. He also brings some size to the table, while most of our other forwards don't.

He should shoot more, play at a higher level more often, and improve his puck tracking abilities. He can be frustrating at times, but which player isn't?

I am for one, very happy with him on the team in his role.
Agreed, especially with the dynamic qualities part. What I really liked about his stats this season (though I try not to really on them too much) is that he lead the team in hits this season (140) and he was tied for the lead in game winning goals (6 with Gionta, though I see this as more of a team stat). He played a lot better without the puck this season so, at the end of the day, though his production plateau may not be as lofty as we once thought, his game is rounding out. He may prove to be that big, power forward we've been looking for.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote