View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Trevor3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinofGrizz View Post
We have done a few things over the years, never needed to raise $20,000 but have had some successful fundraisers over the years.

1. Texas Hold-em tournament.
2. Dodge Ball tournament - you would be surprised how many adults love to relive high school gym class.
3. "Beat the Pros" We set up a typical round robin type tournament where 12 teams all competed and if we were defeated there was a $1500 cash prize.

Make sure you are confident in your skill level before offering up the "beat the pros" tourney, that one almost backfired on us haha.
I like the beat the pros idea, a lot actually. Except we only won 3 games last season, so I could see that backfiring horribly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
For the size of your community it would have to be all inclusive and the canteen has cherry picked the low cost high profit items.

The sharpening. Perhaps it is a perk for the public works. Usually when the canteen and pro shop are joint there has to be a physical separation mandated by the municipal code.
I'm not sure what the code is, that would be something to have our coach/town councillor check on, but what you have said does make sense.

As far as I know, the canteen has always doubled as the pro shop, aside from sharpening, because the old stadium was built inside a WWII aircraft hanger. The olympic size ice surface and ridiculously large seating capacity took up a lot of space so the operations were combined to save room. Once the new building opened, people kept the status quo, which by that point may have been negotiated into contracts with unions or into the code itself one way or another.

Trevor3 is offline   Reply With Quote