Old
06-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
<-----

I had the fortunate pleasure and honor to have watched majority of Brian Leetch's career.

Since about 91.

Love Leetch. Grew up practicing out on the street in my old Rollerblade brand skates (same exact ones the guy from the movie Airborne wore) and on ice on the weekends for hours everyday for years to be like Leetch.

Still have never met him, though unfortunately. And I REALLY hopes do get to meet him oneday so I can thank him and talk hockey and life with him.

I've met Graves.

And got to skate/play with Rod Gilbert when I was 10 years old. Ill never forget it. At a clinic at Mackay in Englewood, NJ. I came in second place in a shootout tournament. He skated with me with his arm on my shoulder talking hockey.

But Leetchie is my favorite player of all time.
Story time:

Back in 2006, I was at Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. We were walking by The Hulk rollercoaster and everyone in my family could have sworn Brian Leetch was walking toward the Spider Man ride.

Turns out it was him: got a picture with the family and an autograph.

The only downside is I really didn't know who he was because that was only my 2nd season watching the Rangers... now I wish I would've appreciated the moment more.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote