View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Without question...for me it's Brian Leetch. Drafted by the organization. American born kid. Teams had to contour thier style to try and contain him. Once Messier got here and gave him the confidence boost Leetch just took it to another level. One of the greatest offensive defensemen the game has ever seen. The guy was just better than everyone else on the ice most nights. Nobody ever kept a puck in the zone better than him on the PP. So much to his game, and the guy was just a staple for so long here in NY. I cursed the day he was traded as he earned the right to retire a Ranger.

Close behind Leetch are two others.

1) Adam Graves who is bar none the nicest individual I have ever met. He redefines being a stand up guy. Love that he's back with the team. The crazy thing about Adam Graves is...for just about everyone that meets him. They all say the same thing. The guy just has a way about him, and certainly knows how to make an impression on people. Personally I think its because he is so genuine.

2) Joey Kocur...Brought fear back into opponents when he came to NY. There was a period of time after the Fotiu years where running around and taking it to Rangers players really beacme the official way to beat the Rangers. I will never forget the Jeff Bloemberg incident where Vukots and Bomber just tore up Kris King and Bloemberg at the end of that playoff game. After that game the Rangers brought in Kocur in the off season. He quickly established himself in the East, and in a very short period of time the Rangers were the team imposing its will on the opposition. I haven't seen an enforcer have that effect since. Of course the rest of the team also played bigger. That 94 team was among the toughest Rangers teams of all time. Kocur was a huge factor in it.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote