Thread: Proposal: WNP-Tor
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Paladin2799

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grits207 View Post
1. What makes you think Ladd won't want to play in Winnipeg? He already said himself that he wants to stay with the team and he thinks it's only a matter of time before they get a deal done.

2. Why would Toronto do this? MacArthur has already been a top 6 winger for them and has proven that he has great chemistry with Grabovski and Kulemin. Sure Ladd is more physical and has a bit higher upside (even though MacArthur actually had more points this season) but he is also likely to get a bigger contract than MacArthur and the difference between the two players isn't worth two picks in the top 40.
1) I have no basis for this belief, I just really like Ladd as a player. I put the clarification at the top to show that.

2) Toronto probobly doesnt want to pay MacArthur for his year, and might like the contract term vs what he wants. Toronto needs players like Ladd, people who play on an edge and can provide leadership for their forward group. If they can get Ladd and Richards thats quite a coup. This is a pretty decent draft, but Toronto does have quite a depth to their system, they can add to the 25th to move up to get a better pick, or pick and choose their best prospect around 25 to select. I think losing the 29th and 32nd is worth the upgrade in Ladd personally.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote