View Single Post
Old
10-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 500
Demitra was *very* blah vs. Phoenix and better vs. Colorado - but still ordinary.

Sejna and Weight I've given my comments on earlier. Weight was 1-for-11 on faceoffs vs. Colorado. Pitiful. He's done a nice job of stickhandling the puck but not much in the way of generating scoring chances (save Tkachuk's rebound vs. COL) - he has definitely underachieved.

The bottom line is, even if Nashville is a better team (and I think they're a threat to go to the playoffs, said that this summer) the Blues *cannot* have a pedestrian effort like they gave last night vs. teams like Nashville and expect to (a) be taken seriously come playoff time, (b) earn home-ice advantage come playoff time, and (c) expect to easily make the playoffs in a tough Western conference.

Mayers is either out of place on the line with Weight or not being utilized. Not sure which, I suspect some of both. Jackman has been OK - was much better vs. Colorado.

Say what you want about pro players needing motivation, but when the head coach sees a team taking the night off, you don't keep doing the same thing throughout the game and hope the team snaps out of it.