: Prospect Info:
2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 3)
View Single Post
06-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Originally Posted by
All those people who are posting here that they watch all our prospects on a regular basis are lying.
It's not possible for multiple reasons.
1. We are in NYC where not a single junior game is shown.
2. People have jobs, school, families so they can't follow several dozen teams on even semi-regular basis.
3. Most junior games are not on TV anywhere, so you cannot even get a tape.
4. Even if the first three points did not apply, it is impossible to watch that many games, which often take place at the same time.
5. Stop and ask them on the spot to discuss some player who is on the same team, but is unheralded. If they watch these teams on a regular basis, they would know stars as well as shrubs. We know who Fedotenko is, right? So ask them about a marginal third liner on McIlrath's junior team. They will have no clue who you are talking about.
All those people here claiming to watch juniors are just trying to make themselves into experts just to make themselves feel good.
They usually don't have a respectable job, a woman, any accomplishment to speak of. Being a great expert at their hobby is the only thing that makes them feel good. There is nothing else in their lives.
And so they claim that they sit there watching junior, college and Euro hockey on a daily basis in hopes that we will recognize them as experts, and more importantly, as being intelligent and worthy.
But let's be honest: where in New York will you get junior broadcasts? And when can you possibly have the time to watch dozens of games for that many prospects?
Blasphemy! ...Everyone here is either a professional scout, or a GM undercover. Dont you know anything?...LOL!
Last edited by Lion Hound: 06-10-2011 at
View Public Profile
Lion Hound's albums
Visit Lion Hound's homepage!
Find More Posts by Lion Hound