View Single Post
Old
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Where did I disagree with that? In fact I agree with everything you posted. The thing is your post is unrelated to my point. Yes, Boyle has became a better player, but my point was a better player and a better scorer are not the same terms. Better scorers do not play 4C in this league.
If you look at how Torts distributed ice time to the lines, it's clear that Feds - Boyle - Prust were not our 4th line this past season. They were played/utilized like a 1st or 2nd line.

Quote:
It was about WW, not Boyle , wasn't it? Wolski is a top 6 point producer. The only reason he would take those lessons is to become a better overall player, his production declined not because of poor skating technique and it will not magically come back because of those lessons. Skating helps, but the main difference between excellent scorer and occasional opportunist is an ability to beat the goalie. Rangers have problem with that skill.
I did not insinuate that Wolski will have similar results as Boyle. I'm all for Wolski doing whatever training in the pre-season that gives him more confidence about his game.

I still disagree with you and contest that Boyle's improved skating directly contributed to increased scoring chances this past season which led to increase offensive production.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote