View Single Post
Old
06-10-2011, 02:37 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

vCash: 500
Great post, BFC.

I'll admit that in the past I have been critical Atlanta for their supposed lack of support (I never wanted them to lose the team, and I think anyone with a brain knew that their success depended heavily on the on-ice performance...), but over the recent weeks, I've seen a lot of emotion and heartbreak out of our larger cousin to the SE. It just kills me to see y'all go through this, and considering how close we came to having the same fate a few years ago, us in Smashville can at least somewhat empathize with your situation.

I think it's a big blow, not just to our brothers and sisters in Atlanta, but to the South and the perception of Southern Hockey as a whole. This is one more thing that Sun Belt expansion detractors will point to as a reason why hockey "can't succeed" here. Unfortunately, many of those detractors fail to see the big picture, both with your team's impending departure (as well as the reasons why) and the enormous opportunity the NHL has if the game really catches on down here.

For the Atlanta fans, please, keep fighting the critics. Let them know you're there...because if there is one fact that is unfortunately lost on all of this, the Thrashers DO have fans, and passionate ones at that. Fight the good fight.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote