View Single Post
Old
06-10-2011, 03:47 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Having just watched Milbury's 'Thelma and Louise' comment, I have to ask: What's up with Boston's misogyny issues. I mean, God help you if you have a brother playing in the league because you'll forever be known as the 'sisters' to them. I wonder if Brent and Wayne were the Gretzky sisters back in the day...

But seriously, what does 'Thelma and Louise' even mean? They weren't siblings, they weren't known for being weak (which is what Milbury implies), so he's basically just saying the Sedins are women. Wow. That's some scathing criticism there Mike. He may as well have just called them Brooke Shields and Billie Jean King.
For what it's worth I as a Bruin's fan find those kinds of comments very unprofessional. I realize he (and others like Healy) are not journalists but it still makes me cringe to hear that crap come out of their mouths.
In one sentance they will be talking about how players need to respect each other in regards to hits etc and in the next breath they are calling guys childish names.