Thread: Value of: Max Talbot
View Single Post
Old
06-10-2011, 11:02 PM
SomeDude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
Nahh I would sign Talbot for 4 years.... if it was for $800,000 - $900,000 a year. I wouldn't take him for 4 years at the salary he makes now and he wants a raise soo we'll see just how much he wants to stay a Penguin. Will he take the "hometown discount"? Or will he take the path of Gonchar, saying for months that he wants to stay a Penguin but take the money and sign 30 minutes into the Free Agency period.
The Pens don't seem to agree. There were rumblings that they looked into moving him around the deadline, and from what has been reported, they don't seem too worried about re-signing him.

Talbot is a great person, a hard working player, and scored 2 of the biggest goals in the team's history, but he's been a pretty mediocre player since then. He hasn't been the same since his shoulder surgery. It's almost as if he traded the rest of his career for those game 7 goals, and it was worth it.

He can still land a pretty good contract and he might bounce back and play like he has in the past. I doubt anyone will hold it against him, he will still be a hero in Pittsburgh. Plus, it will give the "Bring back Colby!!!!!!!!" people something else to whine about for awhile.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote