View Single Post
Old
06-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Schenn's base salary is $900,000, it is his cap hit that is $3.14 million. He won't be making any of his bonuses, so AEG won't care about him on the 4th line getting 4th line minutes + PP time. I think 4th line in the NHL is better for Schenn than the 1st line in the AHL.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1624

Loktionov is more of a #2 center than Schenn, expecially at this stage of development. I think both will start in LA, but Schenn may end up in Manchester before December. Neither should play on the wing next season, especially Loktionov. He is underated as a defensive forward, he's like Datsyuk in many ways. He's not going to make the big hit or dig in the corners with his strenght, but he will pick players pockets all game.
I was thinking more of the cap hit in terms of additional help, which we still need. I didn't know that his salary was that cheap though, great info!

Don't get me wrong, I want nothing more than Lokti to succeed here. He is really going to have to stand out in camp to stick down the middle, IMO. His play on defense wasn't bad, but as I said he's not a shutdown guy. Lewis fits that bill the best, but if Lokti and Schenn are at center, where does that leave Stoll? He's played wing before but he's so solid at the dot and down the middle. A couple years ago I would have been fine with 2 rookie centers, but now there are expectations. A step backwards is not acceptable this year so there is pressure to succeed. That inexperience down the middle would make me nervous.

One thing that I am praying for is that one of our young guys steps up this year on faceoffs. Right now, Richardson is our 2nd best face-off guy. Richie is maybe average to above average on draws, and that worries me for those end-of-game situations.