View Single Post
Old
06-11-2011, 02:38 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
There was talk that the Raptors were among a group of teams picking in the 3-10 range of picks that were in Europe to watch a big batch of draft prospects including Jan Vesley, Jonas Valaciunas, and Bismack Biyombo.

ESPN's mock 3.0 also continues to have Vesley @ #5 for Toronto. There are plenty of reports from scouts that feel he's the least bust-susceptible Euro in the draft, but I'll be damned if he doesn't remind me a bit of Joey Graham when people talk about the skill set. It's hard to get a read on him though because most scouting reports online try to force comparisons to white guys whether they fit or not. I've seen Andrei Kirilenko, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Tom Chambers, Bostjan Nachbar, Joe Alexander, and a whole bunch of ill-fitting players (I saw one that said Dirk, seriously.)
I'd love for the Raps to grab either Knight or Leonard. I think Leonard is exactly what the Raps have been missing offensively. He's that slasher on the wing, he has long arms and he's getting comparisons to Gerald Wallace. I've read that a few people have said a lot of Vesley's baskets are broken plays and just hustle plays. Leonard is likely more ready to play in the big league, and I think Leonard's ceiling is higher then Vesley's, but Vesley's size is quite intriguing at SF, he is also signed until 2013, so we won't see him unless we buy him out..