View Single Post
Old
06-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Maybe the habs draft Oleksiak at 17 and we can cheer for both? He's a guy I'd like the habs to draft.

Last year Tinordi didn't get past the 1st cuts. It would be nice for him to make the team, but what is more important is that he keeps developing. He seems to have had a good learning curve last year in London. Hopefully he goes back & really dominates this year & either has a memorial cup run (might have to be on a different team) or comes to Hamilton & helps out down the stretch & in the playoffs.

Patience will be needed with this guy, but I loved this pick last year. All the Gainey/Tinordi history, the size & the character. This kid is going to be a really useful part of the organization for a long time I think.
It depends on who is available...if McNeill Scheifele Bartschi Beaulieu Klefblom or Armia are available I would go for those guys.

I think every team needs a Chara/Gill type shutdown guy but not necessarily two. You play that guy with a good puck mover because that player spends a lot of time on the ice against top lines so you don't want 2 stay at home guys together...Gill-Gorges worked but their puck moving wasn't the greatest, Subban IMHO was a better compliment to Gill because the puck would move much better.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote