View Single Post
Old
06-11-2011, 12:26 PM
NYRandazzo

vCash: 500
The problem with LW is that the UFA class of free agents is VERY bottom heavy. The best guy on the list is Gagne (Semin was resigned). The previous season he had a cap hit of 5.25 and is also the most expensive LW UFA. I don't have a problem with signing Gagne as long as we get him for the right price. I don't see him signing anywhere for over 4.5 cap hit especially being 31. We all have seen him play down the turnpike so we know the kind of player he is and I think he can be a great compliment to Gaborik and Richards. Gagne is the type of player to dig the puck out of the corner and put it on BR or Gabby's stick. You would also have BR on that line and he's a big body that can fit our low cycle style. Or we can put him on the second line to balance out the first 2 lines.

I read some people saying that we should move Artie to LW. He's the type of player who can work the outside and be strong on his skates while on the rush. But we would be losing a great young center. Your center should be the guy you build around with the two wingers. Plus AA plays very well in his own end for a young player. Especially a Russian (We all know how Kovalev and Zherdev worked out). So moving AA to LW should be out of the question.

Next probable guy is Dubi. He's a great faceoff man and after Drury is the best on the team. We need to have a great faceoff man. Plus taking him away from Cally isn't too smart.

Stepan had a great rookie season. Should've had more goals with all those wide open nets he had and rings off the post. We'll give him a brake it was his rookie year. BUT, he had the worst FO% in the league. Either get better at the draws or move to a wing.

Prospal will likely be back but can not, I repeat can not play on the first line as a wing. He is too old and slow. He has great heart and gives it his all but he's always a step behind. I'd like him to be a PP and 3rd line guy. Most likely on a line with a young guy who makes it out of camp. I think that would be his best role.

Wolski is the question mark. We don't even know where he will be come September. But he is not the answer to our 1st line wing.

Gilroy? Haha just a joke

So after further review, Simon Gagne (at the right price) looks like our best option

NYRandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote