View Single Post
Old
08-25-2005, 07:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
I disagree with you here Triggrman. Because the Wings had more talent available, both Dats and Z weren't used as much in "high scoring" situations (Lang, Yzerman, Shanny took quality PP time) which I believe they'd get their fill of here in Nashville. I believe that either of these guys would thrive here in Nashville as THE #1 center with either Kariya or Sullivan as their linemate. A good 20+ minutes per game with 1st line PP duties would see them explode IMHO.
Actually Datsyuk finished 2nd in total ice time behind Lang, who's numbers were inflated before he arrived in Detroit. Datsyuk also finished right with Shanahan in playoff time 3rd overall with forwards on the team, again Lang was first, but wasn't with DRW most of the season.

Zetterberg finished 3rd overall on total ice time per game, ahead of Shanahan, Hull, Yzerman, etc. Only Lang and Datsyuk averaged more per game.

Datsyuk powerplay time - 3:10 pg Overall time 18:16 per game
Zetterberg powerplay time 2:43 per game Overall time 18:14 per game

Comparing that to Nashville's players

David Legwand powerplay time 3:04 pg Overall time 17:16 per game
Martin Erat powerplay time 2:34 per game Overall time 15:00 per game

So Legwand and Erat not only were not surrounded by the talent Detroit had but they didn't get time on the ice or on the powerplay the other two got.