View Single Post
Old
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
The very reason we need to sign Richards is because he has the ability to make second liners look like first liners. Dubi, in a healthy season on the first line with Richards and Gaborik could crack 70 points, with 60 being a near certainty. Gaborik should return to 09'-10' form... or better with Richards. He does all that while holding his own putting 25+ in the net himself. It's CRUCIAL to sign a player like Richards who gets the best out of his line mates because our forwards MUST account for a very high percentage of our goals, especially our top line, as our defensive corps just isn't going to contribute much offensively.

Look, I hope we do sign Brad... for a reasonable amount. I just don't see that as possible. I think instead of signing him to a $6.5 over 5 years contract that he deserves, or even to a $7 over 6 years that we could live with, the result will be some ridiculous contract of over $7.5 over 7 years. I just don't know if a $53-$55 contract is a good idea.

We'll have $22 million tied up in 3 players (Gabby, Brad and Lundqvist) while we still have big holes at LW and offensive D.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote