View Single Post
Old
06-11-2011, 05:52 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
As Ranger fans it's inherent in our blood to be either cautiously optimistic or extremely pessimistic.

You're right that his concussion is a concern. There may still be some lingering effects that he will have to deal with but when I look at other options they either aren't good enough to be a number 1 center, or they will cost us an arm and a leg.

Then I look at within our organization and at the draft and for those people who claim we should "stay the course" I don't see anyone in the near future that can step in and be as good as Brad is.

I personally don't like Patrick Sharp as our #1 center, but he would look really good next to Richards and Gaborik on the LW .
The reason why I wouldn't mind Sharp as plan B ( certainly better plan B than Weiss IMO) is because our boys Stepan and Anisimov aren't bad centermen. Hence the thread I made asking " how confident are you in both "

I feel they both will easily be 50+ point guys in the near future. Sharp can only help relieve the pressure on Step and Arty if we strike out on Richards. I'm also certain Sharp won't cost the world to get.

Stastny I love before anyone else. Spezza is another guy. However, I'm afraid at what we'll have to give up to attain such players.

Without the pro's and con's in play this is how I would rank who I want:

1. Stasny
2. Spezza
3. Richards
4. Sharp
5. Weiss

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote