View Single Post
Old
06-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
There really is no Canucks-Oilers rivalry. I don't understand the hate-on for Vancouver in this city. I've been going to bars in St. Albert (Original Joe's and The Rink) throughout the playoffs, and I've been one of the very few people cheering on the Canucks. Meanwhile, you have all these people who cheer for whoever they're playing against due to some imaginary rivalry between Edmonton and Vancouver. It's kind of sad actually. More people cheered for the Flames in 04 than there are cheering for the Canucks.
Yeah, certainly disagree with this statement. All divisional rivalries have a certain undercurrent of a rivalry to them, and anyone who has been to Canuck games at Rexall within the last 5 years will undoubtedly feel even stronger about it.

However, it should be stressed that there is no right or wrong team to cheer for under any circumstance. Whether you want Vancouver to win or lose, it's all a personal decision, and one that really doesn't have to be justified one way or another.