View Single Post
Old
06-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Why enough with that ? The fact of the matter is that we can't keep The Wiz if we don't get rid of spacegoat. Simple as that.

So actually the salary cap does say hey.
And you say nay.
NO it's not. That's only you being very very poor at math.

With 21 players signed (all rfas + Markov), we would still have between 7-9 million to spend. If you get a forward at 3 mil, you still have between 4 and 6 mil (depending on RFA contracts) to spend on another D. But it is a minimal 4 mil (under the possibility of signing another forward at 3 mil or less) and have much more if we sign that forward for less (like Jagr at 2 mil, we would have between 5 and 7 mil to spend on another D).

As I've said many times before, I've done the spreadsheets many many times with many many different possibilities, and it is just ridiculous to say we need to get rid of Spacek to sign another D. If we get rid of Spacek, we could sign BOTH Wiz and Hamr.

BTW, I hope you got the news, the cap will be around 63,5 mil.

I always find it amusing when someone tries to force a psendo-reality based on his misconceptions, false-assumptions and premature conclusions.

Next thing you'll tell me, the typical knee-jerk reaction, is that we need space for next season for Price, Subban and maybe Pac if he signs for only 1 season (which i highly doubt). My spreadsheets include following seasons with a 5% increasing cap (as it is almost always the case), and there's always room for everyone of them.

I might be wrong about some things, but I'm rarely wrong about the cap and the space we have, and the contract money players will get. Don't try to teach a teacher. The real situation here is that the cap space says Hay, and you say nay because you either can't see it properly, or are highly insecure about money.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote