View Single Post
Old
06-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
The thing is, to make the team he'd have to beat out Pouliot for the role of bottom six scorer. I sincerely doubt he's better than Pouliot.
to me, it's really about who wants to work harder, who wants to listen to the coaches more, who wants to do whatever it takes to help the team. Neither of these players come across as those types of players, but maybe one of will wake up this fall and realize that if he wants a steady job in this league, he's going to have work his tail off to do it. That's why i love the Darche signing, because there's a guy who just gets it. Pouliot seemed like he had figured it out at the beginning of the year, but i think as the season progressed he started to fashion himself a top 6 forward again, and he lost his game completely.

Ideally, you want fill up your bottom 6 with players who first and foremost understand their role on the team. Ryan White is a perfect example. So is Moen and Darche. Pyatt does too, but i'm pretty sure we can find better than him. You want guys who can put the puck in the net, but understand that their primary role is to check the opposing team hard and put in as many quality shifts as possible. If Trotter is like everyone says, well then he doesn't really fit into that category, and i'd argue neither does Pouliot. But if one of them has a training camp where they display those kind of traits, i don't see why either them don't stand a shot.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote