View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 10:08 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Wait what? If we managed to get Burns for that "bounty" the whole fanbase would be through the roof with excitement. I'd take back everything bad I ever said about Sather. Throwing away? How is getting Burns throwing those guys away? You're on pretty much the complete opposite end of the spectrum with that.

I do agree that with age and injury BR is just as much of a risk though much higher reward wise than Drury. Nobody harbors any doubts that if we sign richards for 5 years 7 mil then that's very likelygoing to be 2 years of hell at the end of the deal.

As of now I'd say
Wolski/Prospal/Avery/FA-Richards-Gabs (This line there's a good deal of uncertainty.)
Pack
Avery/wolski/hagelin/Feds Stepan MZA
Prust/Avery/Feds? Boyle

Stall(haha) Girardi
Sour (haha) McD
Vtank/Kundratek, MDZ, Erixon, FA
I'm not on the other end of the spectrum. Do you understand the talent level of Fasth? We have had trouble developing scoring forwards in our system. Fasth is very young and very talented. There is no reason to deal him. Not even for Burns.

Burns is due to be a UFA after the upcoming season. I don't think Minnesota lets him go. They currently have the cap space to re-sign him but I don't know how that cap space will be affected by this summer. They have guys they need to re-sign and if they let some go they will have to replace them. Maybe they have trouble re-signing him and you can get him at the deadline this year, maybe at a different price tag.

Hagelin has developed his game in college. He was a top notch player with a solid 2-way game. He might make the team right now. So no I'm not ready to deal him. We just got him signed after his season ended. He wants to be here, he could've became a free agent but he did not. I like this kid a lot, he has a solid game, i've seen him play. Don't trade your youth just yet.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote