View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 10:11 AM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
This appears to be LA's depth chart of 14 forwards that could potentially be on the opening night roster.

CENTERS:
Kopitar, Stoll, Lewis (RW), Richardson (LW), Schenn, Loktionov

LEFT WINGS:
Penner, Smyth, Clifford, Parse

RIGHT WINGS:
Williams, Brown, Simmonds, Westgarth

Could it be better? Yes. The top three right wings are solid, but the depth at LW is a bit concerning considering the lack of speed and a quality shooter. The lack of forwards with the ability to make plays with the puck is also a glaring weakness. It could possibly be addressed with the additions of Loktionov and Schenn, but that remains to be seen at the NHL level.
What concerns me the most is our LW situation after this coming season when Penner, Smyth, and Parse are all UFAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
We are going to miss that big body with defensive awareness and face-off ability that Handzus was, especially at the end of games. He had a forgettable year offensively, but he was key in many late game situations. Kopitar and Stoll are going to be logging major minutes at the end of games, I'm not sure if I like that given how much Kopi plays in other situations.
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if Handzus was brought back on a cheap one year deal.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Schenn/Lokti-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Simmonds
Richardson-Handzus-Lewis
Parse, Westgarth