Thread: Line Combos: Predictions for 2011-12 Roster
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Gilroy is better than Vandermeer at this point, and I can't stand the way he plays.
I like Vandermeer, I watched some Oilers games and he was one of the few defenseman who could make a pass and make some hits. He was forced to play bigger minutes, but I think he can excel in a smaller role and provide veteran presence.

Quote:
Anisimov is a center -- end of story. His defense is too good to just throw him wherever.
Sure, but we can experiment around during the season, if he is ridiculously bad, move him with Dubi and Cally.

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Sharp-Stepan-Prust
Avery-Boyle-MZA

Quote:
Sharp isn't as good as Gaborik, either -- good player, but he isn't a star player. He's a good complimentary offensive piece, but I'm not dealing the organization's only legitimate puck mover, their top prospect, and their 1st for the guy -- I don't think it's very enticing for Chicago either. They're trying to win now -- they don't need players like Del Zotto or Kreider. They'd be interested in Dubinsky/Callahan/Staal, and I'm not prepared to give up any of those players for Sharp, especially when he's going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season.
Sharp isn't made of glass. I think it's a matter of viewing it differently, Del Zotto can't play defense and Sauer and McD have passed him on the depth charts. With the acquiring of Erixon, this makes MDZ expandable. Kreider is Kreider, time will tell on how he does but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

And if you read my post, I said Sharp would come with a contract extension.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote