View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 12:41 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
I like Vandermeer, I watched some Oilers games and he was one of the few defenseman who could make a pass and make some hits. He was forced to play bigger minutes, but I think he can excel in a smaller role and provide veteran presence.
Vandermeer is slow, old, and, honestly, quite useless.

The Rangers can do much better -- Eminger and Gilroy are both much better options.

Quote:
Sure, but we can experiment around during the season, if he is ridiculously bad, move him with Dubi and Cally.
No you can't. You can't just toss around players wherever. Putting Anisimov on the wing is almost as ill-advised as putting Gaborik in goal. You don't put your smartest defensive player in a position where he can't use that skill to his full advantage.

Quote:
Sharp isn't made of glass.
Who said Sharp was made of glass?

Quote:
Del Zotto can't play defense
Other than the fact that saying something so "matter-of-factly" is pretty bold, it's even incorrect.

Obviously, defense isn't his strong point -- he is a puck mover, and the Rangers have a lack of puck movers. Tack on the fact that he's 20, and not even fully developed yet as an NHLer, I think we can let that slide for a year or two, so long he provides the offense that the backend needs. It's not like he doesn't put in the effort, even. He tries to improve his game, it's really just the mental aspect of it -- and that's normal for a 20 year old. Be patient.

Quote:
and Sauer and McD have passed him on the depth charts.
If you're talking strictly to start the season? Sure. But that could change in a snap.

Quote:
With the acquiring of Erixon, this makes MDZ expandable.
No it doesn't. If Erixon was a puck mover, maybe. Del Zotto is the only puck moving defenseman in the entire organization -- he's not going anywhere, or shouldn't, in the least.

Quote:
Kreider is Kreider
What does this even mean?

Quote:
time will tell on how he does but it doesn't look promising at the moment.
How? A 20 year old kid staying at college is a problem? Only Ranger fans.