View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
So the odds are that Muller isn t going anywhere this year.
Has NJ filled their vacancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
How has he set them back a decade? Really, their Cup final team was probably the weakest of the last decade and most of their core was already starting to pass their prime. I'm not going to support Murray because I think he made bad decisions, but he also made some nice moves and drafted well. At least Ottawa has a promising core of young D prospects coming soon, along with a few other top prospects (if we assume they will end at the bottom for 1-2 seasons). I think in 2 years minimum, 4 years maximum, Ottawa will be back to being contenders. I don't see how that is a setback when the Pizza line (the line that kept them afloat) just broke up. Heatley went his way, Spezza struggled and Alfie is still Alfie despite his age. I'd be cautiously optimisitic if I was Ottawa. Their team is transitioning well into the rebuilding phase. It's better this than missing the playoffs or getting swept in the 1st round like their previous few years.
Murray is already moving on to his 4th coach since becoming gm, and Heatley left in large part because of the big ass joke the organization became under Murray's watch. They may have some nice dmen coming up, but have virtually nothing in the way of forwards.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote