View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Shields is a much higher rated fighter than Diaz imo.
I'd like you to explain to me why you feel that way. They are arguably on par on the ground. Personally, I'd even give a slight edge to Diaz because he's more dangerous off his back than Shields imo. Standing up, it's not even close, Diaz by a large margin. Power, Diaz. Aggressiveness, Diaz. Maybe Shields has a slight edge over wrestling or grappling, but I'm not even sure about that.
So, I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that Shields is a much higher rated fighter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
My internet ego, lmao. Ok kriss have it your way. Cherry pick a few quotes that I even stated myself I didn't believe. I wasn't wrong about anything, you misrepresented my thoughts with the quotes above and know you did and still present them as my position.

Bias GSP fanatic, no, not at all. I think he would have a very good chance of beating Silva, I also don't think Diaz has much of a chance against him. With your position neo you can never be wrong, when GSP beats the piss out of Diaz you'll say you expected it all along, but will revisit this thread after GSP lays a GnP clinic on him. Ok?

BTW neo, I enjoy my back and forths with kriss, you on the other hand...
I didn't misrepresent anything. You said GSP would kick Silva's ass with his GnP. You said this more than once. I didn't twist your words, invent them or misrepresent them. Maybe you were exaggerating, as you're saying you were, but those were still your first words regarding Silva vs GSP. We don't need to keep talking about this. Just don't say I put words in your mouth when I clearly didn't.

I know you give zero chance to Diaz, I don't think that's a very good assessment of Diaz. I will admit though that it goes hand in hand with your notion that Shields is a higher rated fighter. At least you are consistent with your train of thought, but I greatly disagree with it.
I do think GSP will win. I think there is only one way for this to be a cake walk and that's if GSP cycles the crap out of this fight and wrestles intelligently.
If GSP completely dominates Diaz without coming close to any sort of danger and ends this fight, I will be surprised.

As for Silva, GSP doesn't have much of a chance. That's why I'm saying even if you think it's 50-50, it shows how you're thinking too highly of GSP or too little of Silva.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote