View Single Post
Old
10-17-2003, 12:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
Okay, so I may have been a little bit harsh with my comments...Hell, I was having a bad day!...I am willing to compromise with you but as you so admirably admitted you were completely wrong when you wrote Ryder off after "he was sent down to the ECHL for the 2nd time"...It's not so much that you were wrong as it was for your reasons for writing him off...Personally, I feel it had alot more to do with lack of opportunity and alot less with skills!!...But this is just my opinion, and whether or not you think it is intelligent concerns me not!!...My big concern though is that the Canadiens would give up on a special player (Ryder) who can play a mojor role in turning around this team on the road to success!...I know it's only been 4 games but I think his style of play is very contagious and is already impacting on the play of his team mates in a positive way!!

Cheers!!

I'm not so sure you know what your talking about. Are you just a Ryder cheerleader? Can you say anything negatitive about him? Ryder in Quebec had a slow first step, lack of balance, wasn't great in his own end, skating and speed were holding him back. He got sent down the 2nd time, and I think it may have been good for him. He was very good with the Miss. Sea Wolves, and was named to the ECHL All Star, this got him called up, and he was on a line with Darby and maybe Ward? He played well, as he was producing consistenly. But with a lackluster playoff run against Hamilton (all the Citadels were bad, except Ribeiro IMO) and the move to Hamilton the following season, Ryder found himself on the outside. He was benched (by Julien, or didn't dress as a better way of putting it) as roster spots were hard to come by. When he did play it was on the 3rd and 4th line, but he created this time. He always worked hard, but this time he was making things happen and the goals were not far behind.

I listened to mose of the Dogs games last year plus I saw a few. Ryder showed me a lot, I was impressed with his goal scoring consistency and it appeared his skating and speed improved. He still got knocked off the puck too easily for my likeing, but again he seemed to improve on this by the playoffs.

Over the summer he was one of the few rookies I thought could make the team out of camp. But no one knows what management will do, so it's kind of pointless to try and guess in a way, but what fun would that be? I'm glad to see he's playing well so far. I think he will continue to be a good player for us. There was a time I never thought he would make the NHL, I was wrong, but so were a lot of professional people. I learn from my mistakes, so hopefully Ryder and other have taught me to never count out a player.

Glad you know so much about Ryder all along. Stick around, as you must be so smart, that you can teach us small minded folks a thing or two with your great hockey analysist and insights.