View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 05:32 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
2 things - prospal did enough I think to be offered a deal, and a spot on 3rd line LW with the way you have it setup. Would keep him fresh, and also he was productive when healthy.

secondly, if Konopka could be signed affordably, maybe do a 4th line of boyle-konopka-prust with avery as the extra forward?

oh and i'd really love to see Feds back...running out of roster spots though lol. maybe MZA can compete with Avery for that extra forward spot? there's always injuries anyway.
lol, you ran out of roster spots in your first sentence. I recall Torts implying Prospal was done because of his knees. You really just have to ask yourself who the odd men out are going to be. Who can be stashed in Hartford if you are taking the "there's always injuries" route. Wasn't it just the season before last that we had one of the fewest games loss to injuries? You can't exactly rely on players getting hurt. cross your fingers it doesn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

In his one NHL fight where fighting actually went on, Newbury handily beats Carter up. Granted Carter isn't a fighter, but he's a big guy and clearly Newbury knows how to handle business in the AHL. If Slats want's a fighter only, don't bother signing one. Here's our guy.
I'm fine with this as long as they only bring him up / dress him for the games a fist is needed. Is he waiver exempt? Not sure how beneficial it would be to keep him in the line up. Has some success in Hartford and at AHL level so he probably would not be a useless one dimensional 4th liner.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote