View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I think what can give a call for concern though, on that aspect, is that Gordie and the Rangers have been telling he is ready going on two years now. The coach wants to coach him. You have these professional hockey minds telling him as a 19 year old he's ready for professional. Could be nothing, but the other side of the coin is it could be something. confidence issue, issues with the organization. It's not very reassuring.
I don't necessarily believe the organization feels he's ready to play for the Rangers, but I think they would prefer to have him in Connecticut playing for the Whale where they have more influence on him rather than staying at BC. So for me, it's not so much that the Rangers have this need for him on their roster, and they're asking him to join them, and he's not obliging or anything like that, it's more of an issue of where he's going to play until he reaches that point where the Rangers do feel they could insert him onto their NHL roster.

Regarding confidence issues, that might be fairly normal for a kid who's coming from a Prep school hockey program where he dominated against his competition because of his size and strength. He's spent the last 2 seasons learning to play a complete game, a team game. I do like Chris' comments about needing to improve his "consistency" because that's spot on with what I've seen from him in games also if you look at how his points have been distributed over his NCAA career. He hasn't been consistent. You have to believe reading his comments about his first World Championship experience, that in the back of his mind, he may be a little bit nervous/apprehensive about the level of play at the NHL in relation to where his game is currently at, so I can understand him wanting to refine his game and feel fully prepared for that "jump" when the time comes.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 06-13-2011 at 05:45 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote