Thread: Perttu Lindgren
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 07:29 PM
KiedisA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDX View Post
Partially true, but he was the best player along with Petruzalek against KalPa in the playoffs. HIFK series was bad for the whole team.

Uhm, no. Some examples:

Against

Ässät 7 4+11=15
HIFK 4 3+3=6

Though against JYP: 4 games 0+0=0

Elaborate, please. Lukko was 3rd in final standings.

He played suprisingly much PK. I'd even say he played it too much.

Not talking about the standings here.. They played some good games all through the season but Lukkos way of adding the score to build the stats in some games wasn't exactly respectful. I remember a couple games against then-struggling TPS and a couple more when Lindgren played only on the PP when they were 3, 4 goals up. Clearly just to make him to score more points. That was talked about during season ´cause all Finnish hockey fans don't see that as a bad thing..

Games against Ässät were always his best but as you probably know, anything can happen in those games. Those are games full of special teams and when Lindgren was deadly on the PP, other than that he was quiet all through the games.

And he certainly didn't play in the high-pressure PK situations at all.. Sure he did play some, as I said, but mainly the last 20 -25 seconds which I guess was as much to change the flow of the game after the PK as to kill the remaining time of it.

His style is much more suitable for the KHL and I can see him being a 2nd liner there but N-America is not for him.

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote