Old
06-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Nice job pointing that out Beef. When I first saw that episode I knew there was something about it that seemed familiar that I just couldn't place. I haven't seen Lawrence of Arabia in quite a while, so maybe that's why I couldn't place it.

The subtle things like this that the producers weave into each episode are what make that show brilliant, and shows how far behind the American knock-off version is.

Another important part of that particular episode was just the utter shock of Jeremy, Hammond and May as they drove through what Katrina did, just a year or two removed from the storm. With their reaction, if you somehow weren't aware of the complete destruction that storm wrought, you knew just how bad it was by looking at their faces and how far away one of the most powerful countries in the world was from returning that place to normalcy.

I'm pretty sure they use the Lawrence theme in the Amazon Special as well, when they're in the desert. I'll have to re-watch it...when I first saw that episode, and those scenes, I had some deja vu about it. I guess that would explain it.

The Katrina scenes really were good. That show occasionally has those profound moments.